535 Mission is a 27-story, class A office tower located in San Francisco’s South of Market district, along Mission Street and adjacent to the Transbay Transit Center & Park. Among the first of LEED Core & Shell Gold pre-certified office towers in SF and ultimately targeting Platinum certification, the building utilizes modern, sustainable design to further environmental building practices in the commercial high rise office arena.
Boston Properties – the developer, owner and manager of 535 Mission – contracted EBS for LEED Core & Shell consulting, energy modeling, LEED fundamental and enhanced commissioning, as well as measurement & verification services. Working to optimize the building’s existing design package, EBS is focusing heavily on quality assurance–ensuring the sustainable design intent is implemented and achieved throughout construction and operations.
Sustainability Goals and Features:
- Advanced mechanical systems and high performance building envelope will greatly reduce lighting and HVAC usage and costs
- Water efficient fixtures and landscaping will reduce consumption by 30% inside the building, and up to 50% in outdoor landscaping
- Increased natural ventilation through outdoor air delivery & monitoring
- Significantly improved indoor environmental quality with the use of full outside air economizer ventilation systems and stringent building materials analysis and specifications
- Floor-to-ceiling windows afford natural daylight and spectacular views
- High performance glass integrates with indoor controls to enhance energy and light transmission performance
- Measurement & Verification combined with a detailed points list and submetering plan, will allow for granular energy data collection and optimization
- Conveniently located near multiple regional modes of transportation, restaurants and many other businesses and services